Advertisement

The Story of Longdrivin"


Gordie Howe and Randy Howe
(My father Gordie and I at Pebble Beach)

Thank you for your interest in LONGDRIVIN', my name is Randy and I am an entrepreneur.   It's not a long story when it comes to the creation of this adventure, in fact, it's just the opposite.  But first the minor details about me.  I grew up in Minnesota and Colorado as a child, my parents Gordie and Diane Howe met in Minneapolis where I was born.  Just in case you're wondering, my dad is not Gordie Howe the Hall of Fame Hockey player (even though he did play high school hockey and I was lucky enough to get the two Gordy's together for a chat in Las Vegas one afternoon)

Gordie Howe meets Gordie Howe
(Gordie Howe meets my dad Gordie Howe)

My dad was my mentor, idol and golf buddy.  He passed away in August of 2019 suddenly as I was out of town in Kentucky becoming an Independent Sales rep for my first company, Preferred Marketing Solutions owned by Papa John's.  I got the call to hurry home on a Friday morning, however, I never made it home in time to say goodbye.

A few months later, I had big plans to launch a venture selling custom apparel, print, and promotional products in the sports and convention world of my hometown of Las Vegas.  I couldn't wait for the new year to arrive and with it a new career as my own boss for the first time.  January 2020 was going to be the beginning of something big, I could just sense it!

Vegas Empty- Randy Howe
(The Vegas Ghost Town- Covid-19 in 2020)

2020: SERIOUSLY?!!

Six months passed and I was refocused and ready to launch a new sports sales venture to help foundations, sports teams, youth sports organizations and companies enhance their businesses with the best unique and hand-picked products.  The Football Bowl Association and National Athletic Directors Association meetings were the first two trade shows on the calendar to display them when along came COVID-19, and suddenly all trade shows, conventions and sporting events with fans in attendance were canceled.  Now what???

ACE the RV
Buy an RV?

LONGDRIVIN' IS BORN

It was time to make a move and have a little fun in the process.  A friend of mine gave me the idea that living in an RV would be inexpensive and interesting because he watched a lot of videos on YouTube about families who work and travel in them.  So I bought a used RV and went to work to convert it into a rolling trade show.  I had the idea to travel to all of the clients I missed at the conventions and went to work on a golf design.  The reason for picking a golf theme wrap was simple, HARVEST HOSTS.  It's a service you join that allows you to camp overnight for FREE at over 3400 locations around America.  Over 400 of those locations were golf courses, so I picked up a few golf companies to represent their products and decided to take a trip to the PGA show in Orlando in 2021 cruising in "ACE the RV"

To find out how you can travel the country and stay at over 3400 places for free, including over 400 golf locations, visit Harvest Hosts and use my code to save 15%! 

ACE the RV from LONGDRIVIN
"ACE" the RV!
"ACE the RV"  Golf Travel Randy Howe Hole in one
The Renovation of "ACE the RV"

FOLLOW THE JOURNEY ON YOU TUBE

 "ACE" is packed and ready to go, complete with a custom desk, product displays, and representing 7 companies ranging from promotional products, printing services, apparel and of course golf gear!  

We also packed plenty of professional video gear as I will be documenting the journey where viewers can watch great stories about golf courses, museums, wineries, brewers and sporting events around America.  So if you are interested in following the journey, make sure you hit the link to our YouTube channel and SUBSCRIBE!

Thanks again for your interest in LONGDRIVIN"








Post a Comment

0 Comments